Weight Loss Top Secret,weight loss tips,diet food

Friday 23 January 2009

Transcript of a Live Weight Loss Client Call about Building Belief in Her Ability to Lose Weight:

Fat Loss 4 IdiotsOne of the principles I teach to weight loss clients is that they must be able to create a very vivid image of themselves already at their ideal weight. This can be a very challenging task especially for people like Julia who have been overweight since elementary school.


In this conversation Julia comes to see that it is perfectly okay to believe that she weighs 150 pounds (her ideal weight) even though her current weight is 204. Below is the transcript from the call, Julia was having a hard time allowing herself to believe the image of her body at 150 pounds, it begins with an analogy to give her a different perspective.


Dr. Becky: Julia, what color are your eyes?


Julia: They are blue


Dr. B: Really, are you sure?


J: Yes


Dr. B: How can you be so sure?


J: I don't know people tell me all the time they like my blue eyes.


Dr. B: Okay, well I am telling you that you have brown eyes and I am a person, does that make your eyes brown?


J: No


Dr. B: Okay, well you sound pretty certain that your eyes are blue. Why are you so certain?


J: Every time I look in the mirror, there they are blue eyes. My eyes are blue.


Dr. B: Are you looking in a mirror right now?


J: No


Dr. B: So how can you be so sure of your eye color?


J: I don't know, I just know they are blue!


Dr. B: Exactly! You hold a belief with unwavering faith that your eyes are blue.


J: Yes


Dr. B: That is the level of which your belief must be. If you want to weigh 150 pounds Julia then start today to believe you weigh 150 pounds - don't believe the scale or other people - believe because you just know that the true you weighs 150 and believe it with unwavering faith.


And once you have this belief you will act differently and get this result that you believe in - you will hold your body differently, you will talk about your weight differently to other people and to yourself and you will treat your body differently. You will feed it like someone who weighs 150. You will exercise it like someone who weighs 150 pounds.


How do you feel about taking on that belief now?


J: I feel better but I still feel like every time I step on the scale I will come back to reality.


Dr. B: So is it fair to say it feels like a lie and that it sounds good but you question if it will really change how you act?


J: Exactly, and I feel like I could maybe do it but every time I step on the scale or look in a mirror I will see that it is a lie.


Dr. B: Can we go back to the eye color analogy to see how having a new belief makes you act in a different way?


J: Yes, sure


Dr. B: Julia, let's say you and I were in a room full of people and I called you to the front of the room and looked into your eyes and said, Julia! What is wrong with your eyes? They are as black as black can be.


Then I called 10 people up and asked each one to look at your eyes and one by one they confirmed your eyes were black. Just think about what that would be like to have person after person come up and see your black eyes and then gasp because quite frankly they are kind of scary. Just let that run through your mind for a moment.


Then I have everyone sit back down and I ask you to go over to the waiter and ask him if he could get some bottled water for you and me. Do you think you would go up to the waiter with confidence and look him in the eye when you ask for the water?


J: No


Dr. B: Why not?


J: I would feel self-conscious because I wouldn't want him to comment on my black eyes.


Dr. B: But Julia, you have blue eyes.


J: Yes, I totally get that, I feel and act scared and worried and to be honest I probably wouldn't even go up to the waiter if I didn't have to, I would probably sit back down in my seat and try not to look at anyone - it feels horrible inside.


Dr. B: You see Julia, your beliefs about your body are created. All of your current beliefs are just information you have taken in over the years and interpreted in such a way.


But those beliefs are not truths just because they are in your head. But those beliefs will absolutely shape how you act. Your beliefs directly impact your habits and behaviors and those habits and behaviors become your outcome.


Julia, if you believe you are fat, guess what, you will act in ways that support that belief and you will then stay overweight. What I want you to do is drop the belief that you are fat, I want you to start believing today that you are at your ideal weight - you weigh 150 pounds. Tell yourself over and over again even if you are looking at yourself in the mirror, even if you are stepping on the scale, don't let anything convince you differently and what will happen is you will create it. Your habits and behaviors will change and your weight will go down as a natural by product of your belief. Sound good.


J: Sounds great, yes, I totally get that, thank you, I weigh 150 pounds and I will tell you what, I already feel lighter.


Dr. B: It is a good feeling isn't it, the more often you can tap into that feeling the sooner it will become your reality. Thanks Julia.



If you could make weight loss easier by just changing the way you think, would you want to learn how? Click on this link for my free audio recording Change Your Thoughts - Lose Weight.


Dr. Becky Gillaspy is the creator of Weight Loss without Worry helping you change your mindset and your weight in just 7 weeks.



Fat Loss 4 Idiots

No comments: